We all have the best intentions about work-life balance, but it’s hard to turn those intentions into reality. Xero wrote a guide on work-life balance and I wanted to share some of the ideas that I liked with you.
- Take all your holidays – Without a holiday, life can start to feel like a treadmill. Holidays are great for letting you to reset your thinking and refresh your mind. Encourage your staff to do the same and watch it lift morale!
- Stay healthy – This is sometimes easier said than done, but it makes a huge difference to how you feel both at work and in your personal life. Keeping healthy will help your mind cope with the stresses of running your business.
- Learn to delegate – Many hands make light work! Your business will run smoothly and efficiently if you delegate to the right people and let them get on with it.
- Get regular medical check-ups – It can be difficult to see the signs of being overworked when you’re too busy concentrating on all the things you need to get done. Simple tests will indicate whether you need to reduce your workload.
- Switch off – Try to switch off properly at the end of the day and during weekends. Resist the urge to check your business email or log into your work systems out of hours.
If you think you need more balance in your work-life balance, get in contact with us click here or call
Bendigo 03 5445 4777
Melbourne 03 8621 8100